Rebalancing functions and abilities by putting the person at the center.
Loss of ability can depend on pain, a trauma, on acute, chronic or progressive illness. Each difficulty requires a specific multi-purpose approach. Depending on the type of pathology, the goal can be a complete functional recovery with the restoration of previous balance, a partial recovery with the search for a new balance also through compensation, or the containment of the progression of damage and disability.
During the physiatric examination, after making the diagnosis and evaluating the health potential, I establish together with the patient an individual rehabilitation project which is then implemented by the physiotherapist and other clinical professionals.
Who needs a physiatrist?
- who suffers from osteoarticular or neurogenic, acute or chronic pain
- who has lost a motor function , e.g. due to trauma, illness…
- who suffers from motor functional regression, due to a chronic pathology, or a progressive pathology or problems related to aging
- who suffers from posture or walking problems
- who has a deficit or has not developed an ability, for example for a congenital or perinatal problem
- his/her disorder
- his/her own story
- other additional health problems
- his/her eating habits
- his/herphysical activity
- his/her working enviorment and releated problems
- his/her posture
- his/her goals and expectations